Sunday, October 25, 2009

A river called Meekong- truly Asian, different, but the same

So I have been livingin Singapore, trying to adapt to another market people etc. One of the things that has definetly changed is how my interest in things is changing. I now enjoy watching CCTV, which is the english bradcasting wing of China. In the last one year I have travelled more that my entire life. I am truly growing comfortable being around Thai, Indonesian and Chinese people. I dont understand what they say in their languge, but a sense of belonging is creeping in. I love Asia, the diversity is tremendous, but what amazes me is how similar people are. Now I am not talking about work, but generally in life. I know people are similar, yet some how very different.

I actually am falling in love with teh Japenese with each passing day. their culture food and politeness. I never thought I could eat raw fish, but Shashimi makes you realize what you were missing in life.

I love the fact that Singapore a tiny half a city state is the center of economic power in SE Asia. YEs it can be a mixed bag some days, but you have to salute the spirit of these people, to become what they are. Proud SIngaporeans, truly they deserve that. I just wished they learnt better english skills. But then agian lah, What is Singapore without Singlish. Singlish is the human side of Singapore.
I also love Thai, Malay, Pinoy and Indonesian people. I love Indonesians the best, they are a happy buch, super hospitable and when they laugh, their sould can seen. Its clean and good.

I was watching a program on TV in my office reception, it was about the Meekong river, Asia's longest river. Its starts in Indochina ( Tibet and flows out at Meekong river delta). Meekong is the best example of Asia, its the same thing flowing, but its called different things in different courtries. But what I have realized is this- Asia-Its the same but different

No comments: